Sunday, September 10, 2006

I Support Eagle Hunting...

Ok, so maybe I'm upset by the loss of my beloved Clemson Tigers at the hands of the Boston College Eagles, but it was a fun trip up to Beantown. Got to see Finn, my brother, my sister-in-law and niece among other Clemson friends. Good people all around. Highlights of the weekend included drinking beer after been in a parking garage because we were not allowed to "carry beer to the tailgate area" but it was perfectly fine to drive 87 cases of beer in a car there. Made perfectly good sense if we lived in Cuba or the old Soviet Union, but not in the Irish Catholic capital of the world where beer flows like water. And not only that but we were only allowed to walk onto the field two hours prior to the game and limited to an hour of after-tailgating. Rather odd, especially because posted all over the big screens in the stadium was the fact that for the BYU game, they're given TWO hours. So I took it upon myself to ask EVERY cop why the mormons got two hours but the southerners, and to be honest, every one of the 5-0 had a great sense of humor with the exception of one who after I said, "why do the mormon's get two hours and we only get one" to which this wonderful individual responded, "you have about two minutes to get yourself out before I force you out." I took that as a hint to get my butt in gear, that is, after I went back at him with a "damn sir, all of the other officers had a sense of humor, but I guess there's always one bad apple." Yeah, I was in full "mouthy" Creegs form. Good times. So after the game we all decided to head to a bar by Fenway Park, which, if you've ever been to Boston is on the other end of the city.

So we get on the train after succesfully drinking 18-30 packs of beer and head to the bar. After about two minutes, we meet some Clemson fans who decide that they try to intentionally get a song stuck in people's heads all day. Well, the succeeded with me. "Don't Stop Believing" was a song of choice, and we were having a great time, probably until I said, "So I had my toungue up this chicks ass..." That went over as if I sat on her, taken my pants off and "sharted" on her. She was rather impressed, and by impressed I mean absolutely appalled. Then I heard someone say that there were eight more stops until ours, and I had to pee, and people that have drank with me know that when I have to pee, I have to pee. So I just took it upon myself to get off at the next stop and find a place to pee. Then my brother decided that we should walk the rest of the way, which was a rather sobering walk. SIDE NOTE: I did add two more campuses to my list of schools that I've peed on. BC and Boston University made 27 and 28 respectively. We get to the Fenway park area where all the bars are and when we walk up to the door where half of our group already was, one gentleman walked up to the bouncer and possibly stumbled, looked drunk, I don't know what he did, but we saw nothing, nor were we drunk due to the fact that we hadn't had any beverages in at least an hour and a half. We were honestly ok. This particular bouncer didn't see it that was and refused our entrance to the bar. During a long battle between my brother and the GM of the bar and two bouncers with the rest of our group, I decided that I needed to talk trash considering that I thought the situation couldn't possibly get better, so let's make it worse. At this point, the line, "these are the type of bouncers that go home at the end of the night and jerk off to Road House." (taken from comedian Ron White.) I added other colorful comments and threw some very off-handed and sarcastic remarks at these bouncers. My brother made some headway with the GM and he was even told that he could have overturned the decision to not let us in, EXCEPT "some of your group was making really ignorant comments to us." Thank You, thank you! That was me!

So after we went to the bar directly next door, we decided that the night needed to end and we needed to get back on a train and go home. What we didn't realize was that the Red Sox game had just ended. So we're walking along Landsdown St. and I am still running my mouth as usual, and I see a Boston PD Cruiser on the side of the road, and I say, "Ah, BPD, don't they kill people when it gets really crowded here" at the exact time that a BPD officer turns and starts walking in our direction. Inappropriate Creegs was out in force last evening.

I don't know if it was the heartbreaking loss to BC or just the fact that I had to chug 194 beers in just three total hours of drinking, or it is the fact that I'm normally like that after that many beers, I don't know. I'll let you make that call.

I'm sorry for the big delay between posts. I've had a run of not very funny posts and more about what I was doing, what happened and just sort of boring to me, so I decided to sit back and not really write anything until I had something amusing to tell. I feel that the trip to Beantown was just that story. Good times with the family. My niece is the cutest and my brother and his bride are wonderful, with the exception of that my brother doesn't realize that I don't like to be touched on Sundays(haha), but he will.

Busy week of work, don't know if I'll be back on the message thing for a little bit. I have a bachelor party in Tampa next weekend and I'm not happy about missing the Clemson/FSU game, but I gotta do what I have to do. Have a great week!

1 comment:

bdonin said...

You were on Lansdowne after a Sox game and you didn't taunt them Yankee-fan style? Pussy.