First and foremost, let me put this out there. I found a new drink but it is probably one more suited for females. As you probably all know, my new drink of choice is vodka/lemonade. At the wedding a week ago, they had no lemonade, but the bartender told me of a drink with vodka/cranberry/sour that tastes like lemonade, and did it ever! Needless to say, 25 of those later and Lil' Beef was drunk, I was not sober, but not bombed either, but having a good time. It was a tasty yum yum drink, but one that I'll probably never order out at a bar as long as they have normal lemonade.
The wedding was a ton of fun. Never have I seen Smoke more happy and smiling. He's usually smug, pissed off at ShitShow and crass. Ok, he's not that bad at all, but I've never seen him happier, and it rubbed off on the rest of us. Earp was beautiful as was expected. We don't hang out with ugly people, or if you're ugly, you have a beautiful inside. I don't know what that means, but it sounded good. Who am I kidding, it didn't sound good at all, I'll just move on. We did all sorts of fun stuff on the weekend. I broke 100 for the first time ever on the golf course. I shot a 94! Went out in 48, came home in 46. I was rather happy with myself. Rock had a terrible day for him and shot 95, and so I officially beat someone for the first time in my life. Cookie shot the best on the day with an 89. Not bad for a couple of hacks! Then it was off to the rehearsal dinner. Good food, great laughs, etc. I slept in late the next day and then it was off to get ready with the boys at Smoke's parent's house. Food was served and we were stone-cold munchin'. Oops, that reminds me. At the reception, I was to break out a new song for performance, "Bust A Move" by Young MC. Well the DJ apparently forgot that part and played the song without anyone realizing that that was the performance song. The beautiful bride got on the dude's case that he had to play the norm, and so I decided then and there that I had to make this performance extra special because it was supposed to be different, but it wasn't to be. I've been involving the audience as of late, but this time was extra audience participation and talking into the mic. I don't like to be the center of attention, I like to make people laugh and smile and dance as dumb as I do. Success! All of those came into play. I hope they all come into play on all of my performances, but this time just seemed a little different. I guess they all are different, as I try to personalize them for the bride and groom. I wasn't my normal shitfaced self during this one too. Even with the 194 "pink lemonades" I felt amazingly sober for the performance. Probably something I've never been for one of them. Whatever, enough talk about me. It was a blast. Looking forward to Beef and Ms. Beef in October.
Had a blast with Vision and the crew in the bar and the room after the bar. Just a lot of laughs and making fun of each other, which seems to be the staple in our close-knit group of friends. Good to see everyone, it's sad when it's time to leave.
Ernesto is ruining my life. First, Vision is coming here on Friday and the original track of the hurricane had it coming landfall directly over my apartment, so I was in the talking stages of making plans to get the heck out of dodge. First thought was that the airports would be shutdown for days if it hit here as a category 2 as first thought. So I was thinking about heading to Savannah. But wait, the path had Savannah in its sights too. So then I thought Clemson and it just so happens that there's a football game this weekend. But what to do about Vision?!?! Well all that thought seemed to dissipate today when it seems that Ernesto is going to come through the heart of the state and we're probably just going to have to deal with wind and rain in the middle of the week and should be clear by the weekend. Phew. You know me and plans. So there is no worry. I'll be here in Tampa this weekend with Vision and the D.I. Rockstars!
Hope everyone has a great week. Looking forward to "blogging" again this week or after the weekend, depending what the Tigers do on Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment