Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Weekend of All Weekends Is Upon Me

So here it is! My flight leaves beautiful, sunny Florida this evening and if all goes as expected, I should be in Pittsburgh by 11pm. Not really, I should be in beautifully smelling Newark, NJ at about 9 pm! With my track record, I will be delayed. But I am heading to the airport 2:45 early to see what the security will be all about. Should be interesting. My mom said to me the other day that they're having everybody take off their shoes now and she was worried that I wouldn't have "odor eaters" in my shoes. But my shoes don't smell anymore, I decided at the ripe young age of 25 that I would change my socks everyday and wash them once a week. It's a miracle that my feet don't stink anymore. What a novel idea.

So here it is, two days away from one of the most anticipated weddings in the crew. You're welcome Smoke-dawwwwww for the reference to the world reknowned Mons Venus and your wedding in the same blog. Consider it done twice!

But before I endulge the goings ons this weekend, let me bring up something that I heard this weekend and it hurt me. My friend, from here in Tampa had a younger girlfriend...er...girl he hugged a lot, and he was always with her, whether it was a movie, dinner, out at the bar, at her place for a sleepover party, what have you. Well one day they just stopped hanging out. This made me curious because the girl lives in the same complex as another and so we're over there often and I wasn't sure what the status was. She always called me "her favorite," but doesn't everybody? haha. So the other night, me and Can'tMiss were out at the Island bars and saw this young one. I had one too many maybe and decided to ask her what was going on with her and my buddy. She said something that sort of bothered me. Not about her or her reasonings for not "being with him" anymore. She said that she cannot handle people that are clingy and over-the-top lovey-dovey. There was a time that they were at a sporting event and he put his head on her shoulder like trying to be cute, and that was the straw that broke the camel's back as they say. I think my shyness comes out in those types of situations. I don't think I do that when I'm with a girl, especially at a ballgame. Is this kid a good friend, absolutely, a great friend and one that I will go to the grave for, but is his manhood to be questioned in this situation? Again, Absolutely!!! Another situation I once heard was from a girl that said that the guy she had recently broken up with, "was way too into {her}." I can see being all about a girl, but smothering is not good, especially with the overwhelming independence of women nowadays. (Was that sexist? I hope not, not meant to be)

Sorry for that. Enough seriousness for one day. Babble babble, that's what I do best. Could this blog have been written in one or two lines? Probably, but most, if not all of my readers know me better than that! It's almost that time to head to the airport, and I'm alright with the long delays, if that happens. I've been trained in airport waiting. Like I said before, there was a time that I was diverted from Charlotte, NC to Pittsburgh and spent 9 hours in the Pittsburgh airport, so it's still an ongoing joke that I'll end up in Pittsburgh. USAir did give us a $9 voucher for food. I guess that equals a dollar for every hour we had to wait. Makes sense when you pay $300+ for a plane ticket. Anyway, the end result will be a great one. I'm sure we'll have an amazing Friday wedding for Earp and Smoke! Good times will be had in the hotel with Beef and his fiance, Hunter and FineCheese!!! Really that's all I need. Anyone added into that mix would just make it that much better, but it'll be cool to be the "out-of-towners" at a hotel. It's an honor to stand-up at this wedding for Smoke! Although I feel that if Smoke didn't ask me to be in his wedding Earp may have. At least I hope she would have. I would look amazing in that dress. We will miss Robber, but I'll be at his house probably tonight, so it'll be good to see him. I'm going to see Vision, as she is my "date." And of course there will be a performance, which I am nervous about because I'm switching up the song for the first time and I'm not extremely confident about it, but I'm getting there and will probably be there after 126 drinks. Hope you all have a tremendous weekend whatever you may be doing and I will see most of you this weekend with a big goofy smile on my face. And that'll be before the 126 vodka/cranberrys. No double-fisting!!!

No comments: