Monday, February 20, 2012

New Home...New World

So I decided to write on this thing because of www.wanderinglavignes.blogspot.com pretty much called me out. You see, I used to use this thing to pass along all of my "antics" and experiences. Tucker Max has a blog and he's a bit over the top with his experiences. I didn't want to do that, just wanted to pass along my stories. Ever since college, things always seemed to happen to me, probably because of me and my friends and I liked to tell the tales. I've never had any difficulty making fun of myself. It's when others try to make fun of me do I get a little defensive, but I guess it's my fault for sharing my experiences or stories with the world with no care.

So I wrote my last blog for my father, who is my hero, idol, mentor, friend, and every other possible thing you could think of. My parents are wonderful people and they happen to be in Florida currently visiting me. Now most of my people know that my parents are the proudest grandparents of the three best nieces and nephew someone could have, so a lot of their time is spent driving up to Massachusetts to visit them. Understandably so. But I've "complained" in the past that their other son lives where it is currently 82 degrees in FEBRUARY! But the caveat is, it's a flight, hotel, rental car trip, and of course they always buy me something. That's the wonderfulness of my parental units. Whereas, they can drive three hours + to Ole Dirty's house to visit the kids...and my brother and sis-in-law as well. So I really enjoy it and embrace when my folks come to town. Of which, they are here now.

I tell you that, Mr. Blog-thing to tell you that I do, in fact, have a new home. Gone is Davis Islands near downtown Tampa, and hello to the suburbs. I'm sure Beef and -Ette can tell you that the ride to the burbs from downtown Tampa is about 25 miles or so. What's funny about Florida, or this area in particular, is that we're just one town north of Tampa. It happens to be in a different county, but it's still just three miles from the line. The house is awesome, and the wonderful Miss and I are decorating feverishly and cleaning, and painting (or having the insides painted) and I've now slept here for three nights and it's pretty solid.

I will really miss the Davis Islands life and the fact that I could walk to 7-11 to buy a twelve pack of beer to start my night of debauchery. Now I have to drive to Publix or the liquor store. We have great neighbors and we're already getting acclimated to the life in the burbs.

We have plenty of room now, including two spare bedrooms and even a fouton (it's not here yet, we're working on washer and dryer and lawn mower first). It'll be very comfortable for visitors, and really that's what I'm saying in this post: Come Visit!

Hope to continue my messages here shortly with new antics of neighborhood life!

1 comment:

The Former PK said...

Welcome back, blogger. I simply can't wait to get back down to Florida to visit you guys and see the inside of the new place.