So I sit here, on the "famed" couch in Tampa with the computer on (obviously), listening to Jack's Mannequin. They're pretty good. I like them. They're different. Sort of a band that I never thought that I'd like. There's a little Blink 182 in their sound, along with Coldplay, Keane, and seventeen other bands that I never thought I'd like, but I like the sound. Back from the cold of New Jersey. A great, whirlwind of a trip, emotions, and family, friends and good music. Speaking of music, I got to see my favorite band of the 1990's From Good Homes in an absolute snowstorm back in NJ as well. The show was December 19th, or last Saturday for those playing at home. The day I flew back "home." (JM just said, "It's a mess out there...", and that's an understatement.) The snow started coming down hard as soon as my plane landed in lovely Newark Liberty International Airport and didn't stop coming down hard until sometime the next day. This made travel to the show quite trecherous, but once inside the Wellmont Theater, in Montclair, NJ, the weather was a non-issue...until after the show. I won't go into details about the drive, but I will say that I'm greatful for Smoke and Earp for getting me there in one piece and "whoever drove me home." They were very safe and we were able to brave the storm. I'm glad I'm easy-going, because the back-seat drivers in both instances were quite tough on the drivers and I would have stopped the car, or at least tried to stop the car and kicked them out in both cases. But they withstood the onslaught and even took part in some laughs along the way. AYB was a gracious pre-party host with plenty of pizza, sort of, and some domestic beer for yours truly. The show was amazing. Brought back great memories. Shared the night with many great people and it was awesome seeing everyone and even in spending $98 on beer, etc, it was a great evening.
Was able to spend the rest of the time with family and friends, and my favorite thing of all...a headcold. Damn you weather change!!! Oh well, I'm still battling it, but I won't wither. In actuality, I went out for a four mile run today, and it sucked, but I still was able to do it, coughing the entire way and blowing many a snot out of my nose. I know that was too much information, but I had to give the visual to get the result! ANYWHO!!! I digress...(there it is!) I don't really have too much to add to this. Much of my trip will remain anonymous(that makes no sense) but there was a whirlwind of things going on, and the nine day trip that I was dreading was "too long" didn't materialize. It seemed like I was trying to get in and out of places and see people and do things, and then it was over. I was headed back to Florida. So I really can't say I did too much. Did see NYC a few times, saw the "tree" and a show (Mamma Mia...didn't love it), Times Square, etc. Did a lot of touristy things. Even Rock and I went into Grenwich Village to see Annie B perform and that was so much fun, even though when I told the guy that me and Rock were "party of two," it was the norm, it was a lot of fun.
Back to "reality" in Florida. Off for a few days, and then back to the grind come Monday. I am so grateful to my parents for housing me for the trip and all of the food and laughs that were shared by all of my people up there. Even the emotional times up there were awesome. I'm glad to get back and deal with this cold of mine. Sit on the couch a little bit, run, run some errands and just relax until the "busy season" of work starts. Hope everyone had a great Christmas with their families. Have a great New Years. Call me at midnight! I'll be "that guy" I fear...and love!
1 comment:
So YOU'RE the reason J & I got sick! BASTARD! Thanks for the germs ... oh and the good times. I feel like I didn't see enough of you in Jersey and you were supposed to be the highlight of my trip!
Post a Comment