So I had the post about losing my sandals in the weird evening that left me locked out of my place. Well, I was always told that things happen in threes, so I figured with losing sandals twice and getting locked out once added up to three. I was wrong. I got locked out yet again last Friday. That's right, that's the second straight friday that I've been sans keys outside of my place. Now some would think that I need to stop drinking, as I stated before, but in the words of Lee Corso, "NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!" I wasn't even drinking on Friday. I had a beer with dinner. ONLY ONE! I had pizza, what do you expect. I wanted a beer, it was Friday, so I had one, get off my nuts! Sorry for that rant. So yes, it happened again. The story goes that I was on the phone with a couple of good friends that I hadn't talked to in awhile, and while I was on the phone with the second friend, I walked outside to get my ipod out of my car (don't ask) because I want it charged before I travel next week and I thought about it at that particular time, which I'll admit, is weird, but bare with me. So I walked out there the first time, had my keys, no big deal, got the ipod. Then when I returned inside, I put my keys AND WALLET down because the wallet was hurting my ass when I was sitting. Once again, I know it's weird. Anyway, I went over to my computer and realized that the charging cable was also in the car, so I was frustrated and went back outside to get that cord. This time completely forgetting to take my keys and/or wallet. Now some would ask why would you need your wallet to walk outside? I will answer that. Because if you get locked out as I shortly realized I did, you could at least walk down to the bars and drink away your stupidity, but as Ron White says, "you can't fix stupid!" The worst part was as I was at the car, I hit the lock button from inside my car as I was remembering that I didn't have my keys and shut the door. It was one of those moments that went slow motion. So I did the same walk that I did a week earlier only this time it was about 5 hours earlier in the night, but it was cold. Now I know people are going to say, "You live in Florida, it's not cold there." It was cold that night. I put the heat on in the house. And that's news people because I currently have the windows open in the place and it's December 13. I had on pants, a long sleeved t-shirt and NO HAT!!! I had put my hat down as well when I walked into the place.
So I get back to the bar that my neighbors own and say, "I did it again." To which I got as a response, "I figured you would, so here's my key." Awful performance. Just goes to show you that beer doesn't mess you up entirely. Things that you think were stupid with the influence of alcohol can also happen sober.
I watched the best football game of any level that I've ever seen on Friday night. It was a state championship game between Lakeland High School (ranked #1 in the nation) vs. St. Thomas Aquinas (where A-Rod, Michael Irvin went to high school, and where Hall of Fame WR Cris Carter is the receivers coach). Anyway, Lakeland was up 35-14 with 1:55 on the clock in the fourth quarter and kicking off after scoring their fifth touchdown of the day. Aquinas took the kickoff and got into Lakeland territory. Two plays later they scored to cut the score to 35-21. Onside kick, they receive it. Two plays later 35-28. I think you know where I'm going with this. Onside kick #2, they recover it again. Three plays later 35-35 with :03 left in the game. The clock runs out, the crowd is going nuts and it's time for OT. Now in high school in Florida each team gets the ball on the 10 yard line and has 4 plays to score. Both teams score TD's in the first OT 42-42. Lakeland starts with the ball in the second OT and settles for a field goal 45-42. Aquinas drives three plays to the 1 yard line. I would even argue that it was closer than that. Fourth and goal at the one inch line and instead of tying the game and going into a second OT, the Aquinas coach decides to go for the championship (which I would have done too, given the opportunity). Lakeland stands firm and stops Aquinas with an impressive goal-line stand and Lakeland wins 45-42. It was a lot more exciting watching it live on tv.
Have a great holiday season. I hope have "blog-worthy" material after this weekend, but just in case...
1 comment:
You're a mess. Learn to tie a knot and then buy a pair of shoes.
Post a Comment