There is a story of one drunken evening back in Clemson where I woke up in the morning and had lost my sandals. People would ask, "how could you lose your shoes without knowing?" That's a viable question, and one that I would not even begin to answer. Well, one would think that this would be tough to do once, well I'm here to tell you that I have officially done it twice. Friday was the second time and I'm here to tell you how it happened and to also let you know that they are still missing.
It was a typical Friday night here in Tampa. Got done with my day of work, did what I had to do and then cracked open a beer and began to watch the NCAA Women's Soccer Final Four. Citizen wanted to go out on Friday, so I waited until he got home, waited for his nap to end and then get ready to hit the town. Needless to say, before we went to get some beers out and about, I'd had about 8-10 beers depending on who's counting. Pitchers of beer were then had at our local watering hole, and then the liquor started. All told, it was a good night. As with a lot of my Friday nights here on the Island, this is where it gets hazy. About 2am, Citizen decided that he was done and had to go home. For some reason I did not follow suit, as I probably should have. But an hour later I start the 1/2 mile trek to the homefront. I get there, and realize that I don't have my keys, apparently thinking that I didn't need them. I was wrong in that assumption because our apartment has two doors, the front door to the building which is unlocked, but our door is locked on the frontside of the building and the back entrance to the building which is locked, and the back entrance to our apartment is unlocked. Make sense? They're complete opposites of each other. Anyway, because the front door was locked I couldn't get in, and I tried to break into the front door but to no avail. Then I walk to the back to see that Citizen's car is there and so I call him. No answer. 16 tries later I realize that the dude is fast asleep and nothing I can do will wake him. It's now 3:45 or so. A door to my car is open though and I decide that if I can't get in, I might as well sleep in the car. Then I remember that our neighbors are local bar owners, so I get out of the car and realize that I have no shoes on. I had sandals on all night, but not at this moment. I then check back in the car and they are nowhere to be found, look all around the car and outside and I can't find them at all. I have sensitive feet, so I can't walk 1/2 mile with no shoes on. Luckily, I had a pair of sneakers in the car and a fresh pair of socks. So I put them on and trek back 1/2 mile to the bar that my neighbors own, borrow a key from the wife that opens the back door and trek back another 1/2 mile. By this point it's about 4:30am. Get into the apartment and sleep until 11am Saturday, but still without the sandals.
I wish there were a good ending to this story. There is not. I still don't have my sandals. I even retraced my steps on Saturday to see if I flung them off at somepoint. You'd think that one person can't lose sandals once, but I've lost them twice. Maybe it's time to stop drinking...NAH!
2 comments:
you are a retard.
Don't stop drinking Case...stop wearing sandals!
I can't believe you've had a blog for so long and this is the first time i've found it. I hope you're doing well. I miss you!
Post a Comment