So I normally come on here and tell you what happened to me the past weekend, what kind of stupid antics that have happened to me, etc. But today will sort of be a little different. It is something that I saw, not something that I did.
I went to Best Buy today because that is my favorite store, I can't walk out of that place empty handed even if I don't need a thing. Case in point, I went in to buy an ink cartridge for my printer and walked out with Pink Floyd's "Pulse" DVD, which I am watching/listening to as I type this mess. Well anyway, back to my story. I pull into Best Buy and I see tents lining the sidewalk to the side of the main entrance of the store. Not thinking anything of it and thinking that there were tickets to a show or something going on. (This thinking comes from an early memory of Ticketmaster having locations in DrugFair's in NJ, and I saw tents in 1985 lined up for Bruce Springsteen tickets.) So then as I'm inside the store, I realize (rather, it hits me) that they don't sell tickets to any shows, never have, never will. So what in God's name are these dudes doing camping out for? Well as I walked around the store, I walked over to the video game section because I'm intrigued by this Playstation 3, and there were all these gross looking dudes standing in front of a monitor where there was a PS3 game being played by another grungy looking dude. Still didn't think anything about it, other than thinking that the stinky dudes from outside the store wanted some AC(yes, AC, it's still warm here) and burn some time playing games. Heck, when I worked for the mortgage company, and needed something at Best Buy, I would be that guy playing Madden 06, or NHL or whatever sport game was on display. Mainly because I didn't want to go back to work.
So I get my ink cartidge and Pink Floyd DVD and "headed straight into the shining sun"(sorry, that lyric just played as I was typing. Love Pink Floyd, and no, I've never done drugs, that I promise you, the music is just that good.) So I head to the counter where the shiny, happy customer service representative greeted me and told me what I owed her. This is when it finally hit me to ask this customer service professional why the grungy dudes were camping out. To which she responded, "FOR PLAYSTATION 3, which comes out FRIDAY, they've been here since early yesterday!" You can't make this stuff up people. I wish I had a camera phone to take a picture of the mini-Kryzewskiville in the middle of Dale Mabry Highway in Tampa. Crazy! And I thought I was a dork. Now back to some Floyd!
2 comments:
you are still a dork!
this blog sucks. the author is boring.
Post a Comment