So it's been weeks, possibly months since I put something of any value to this blog. I've done nothing that's been of my own for quite some time. So I will take this opportunity to tell you, my loyal readers, that I am back. Probably will try to write something at least once a week. At least if I do that, I will make it every other week. That's how I roll.
First and foremost, I would like to say that I was deeply saddened by the Virginia Tech massacre, and I wish the dude didn't cop-out and kill himself. What a piece of shit. Sorry for that derrogatory language, but that's what I feel about that fuck! (That's right, I don't have to pay $1 anymore for saying that word.) I'm going to try to never give that cock the pleasure of saying his name EVER. I truly believe that this should not be a race thing at all. I could care less what nationality the asshole is/was. He killed 32 people that really, did nothing wrong or bad. What a piece of shit. But beyond that, I have been to Virginia Tech three times. I have walked by Ambler-Johnson Hall and thought about former Seton Hall Prep alumnus, University of Tennessee alumnus, and NFL alumnus Greg Amsler for some reason. I know, I know, what does that have to do with anything Creegs? Nothing, but when I first saw that on the news on Monday, the thoughts of that building came rushing back. I ran, probably drunk, around that circle where this dick walked across campus. It's a big circle. That fuck ruined lives and in my honest opinion, made me think back to 9/11. Granted, the loss of life was 33, a mere fraction of those lost on that 2001 day, but it definitely brought me back. It brought me back to thinking about Columbine (with the help of the media), and I remember exactly where I was for both. This is one of those moments. I won't share where I was because it was insignificant really, but my point is that it is one of those "holy shit" moments.
I don't like Virginia Tech. They beat my beloved Clemson Tigers regularly in football. But I've had nothing but good experiences in Blacksburg, even though some of my friends may debate me on this. But I can't imagine if this had happened at Clemson.
Sorry to go off on that. Some may ask, "Hey Creegs, you're fat, why do you eat so much?" No, that's not what people would ask. I think you would ask, "Hey Creegs, what's been going on with you? How've you been? You're the town drunk, you poop in public, you pee wherever you please, what debauchery have you been up to lately?" Well friends, I'm here to tell you that I've been doing all sorts of things, but my level of debauchery has been minimal, and I'm not really proud of that. I went to NJ for Easter weekend, and then up to see MoBetta and his family in Massachusetts on Easter Sunday, and then came back here and traveled to see friends in Chicago this past weekend, only to leave their place on Tuesday morning to come to Oakbrook, IL for my companies National Meeting. But I did have one experience that may surprise some people. I couldn't pee in public. I know, for those of my readers that are also in my fantasy baseball league, I've told this story, but I think it's pertinant to tell again.
It all started on Sunday, when I attended the Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field in Chicago, home of Major League Baseball's Cubs. The place was amazing. The game was great, and it was just a great experience. Such a good experience that I went back on Monday. I love baseball, but rarely, unless it's the ACC Tournament in Jacksonville, do I go back-to-back days, even when the Yankees are in Tampa. I just don't do it. It has nothing to do with my love for the game, I think it's just because I love watching baseball in my shorts and t-shirt and laying in my bed, and for some reason you can't do that at the park, but I'm working on it. Anyway, I went to the game, had a beer or two and had to go the bathroom. I have heard stories of the troughs that line the men's room in Wrigley, but hadn't ever experienced it. I've been in many a trough's in my day. They have them in Clemson, in Tiger Town, in Death Valley, all over. If you ran into a regular commode in a public forum in Clemson, it was a rarety. Anyway, the troughs at Wrigley line all possible walls. In Clemson, it's usually just one wall that's a trough. Not so in Wrigley, they're everywhere and when you walk in, you are smacked in the face with penis. Not that I'm homo-phobic, quite the contrary actually, but there was penis everywhere. You just jump in where there was an opening. So I get to the front and it happens to be at a corner and, mind you, I had to pee! I step up, and open the fly, let out mini-me and wait to pee. Now I've peed everywhere, you name it I've peed on it, or in it or all over it. Well, ladies and gentlemen, I couldn't do it. Nothing came. It was like my body was saying, "Sorry bud, no-can-do!"
I figured that was a funny, at least amusing story for those of you that know me well.
I'm at my national meeting, have been in Chicago since last Friday, and am ready to head back to the warm of Central Florida. I miss not wearing shorts at night, drinking cold beer, and quite simply, walking into a bar and the bartender knowing my name. But I did want to share that we had a special guest speaker today. His name, Bob Love, former NBA player for the Chicago Bulls. This gentleman was amazing. He had my undivided attention throughout his 45 minute speech. I'm not sure I moved a muscle. This is a man, that held all of the Chicago Bulls scoring records until that guy from North Carolina came along to uncerimoniously take all of the records from him. Anyway, for 46 years, Bob Love stuttered. The main point of his speech was that if you put your mind to something, and work hard at it, you can get to your goals. Mr. Love still shows signs of stuttering, but very, very minimal. Quite impressive. If you're ever at a company meeting and you hear that you'll be hearing from Bob Love, definitely get excited, it's a heck of a story!
Hope everyone is well. I'll be back in Tampa this weekend and then moving up the street, closer to the bars and into the same "complex" as most of our friends on the island. Should be busy, but fun. Hit me up to say hello if you get a chance.
God Bless Virginia Tech! God Bless America!
2 comments:
wouldn't "quite the contrary" to a homophobe be a homo?
how is it possible that you went from Vtech to penis troughs?
Nice to see you haven't changed :)
Post a Comment